Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pslam 45 He LOVES ME!

The other day I was riding along in the car with my family. My husband did something (or didn't do...I can't remember) but it was enough to make me feel a little irked. I started thinking "why am I so bothered?" Instead of my usual lashing out with my tongue...I spent some time thinking about what was going on inside of me. Then it hit me like a lightning bolt! I was expecting for my husband to make me feel "right"! Just like Pastor Coffey talked about on Sunday--we look for others and our stuff to make us feel right. Instead of gleaning our righteousness from the Lord--we expect others to fill that tank. So a few minutes later I confessed my sin to the Lord and went along merrily with my husband (he never even knew I was having this battle inside!) But it worked--I didn't say something that could have been hurtful because of my bleeding jealous heart. I cried out to God and He reminded me that HE LOVES ME! I don't have to have any other approval or acceptance--GOD LOVES ME.
Psalm 45: 10 says "Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear; Forget your people and your Father's house. The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your Lord."
I am a daughter to the King! He is enthralled by my beauty. I hope you know that you are truly loved by God today--he LOVES you. We don't have to look anywhere else...and when you feel yourself starting to flare up with needing some love and acceptance--turn your eyes and ears to the Lord and He will overflow you with his abundant love.

No comments:

Post a Comment