Sunday, July 10, 2011

Psalm 47 Do babies sing?

Grady is my one year old that loves for me to rock him and sing to him. He just needs his mom to snuggle at night and I love it :) Tonight I was singing to him Jesus Loves Me and out of no where he started "singing" in his own way, right along with me. When I would pause, he would pause...when I would sing higher--so would he. It was precious!
The Psalms are all about singing to God and Psalm 47 is no different. "Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy. Sing praises to God; sing praises to our King--he is greatly exalted."
I know the feeling you got when you read about little Grady singing along was a sweet one. It might have
warmed your heart and made you smile. I believe this is how God is with us...His children. We warm his heart when we sing to him--we make him smile. God wants us to sing praises to him. Not just Sunday morning in church--but all the time. In our hearts and out loud. Do you sing to Him? Do you sing praise songs with your children?Do they ever hear you worship?Whether you are just "humming" or "grunting like Grady" God hears your voice and wants to hear you make music to Him....go ahead...sing to Him! I know you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment