Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Psalm 55 Who do you trust?

Have you ever felt all tangled up inside...with your thoughts, fears, worries and anxieties? I know I have. What works for you? Who do you go to? I have a dear older prayer partner that I share my fears and worries with. She immediately looks to scripture and prays truth from God's Word over me. There is nothing like looking at God's Word to remind us of what is true and real.
Psalm 55 is all about feeling troubled, distraught, full of fear and trembling. David even says "Oh that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest." Have you thought that before? I know I have. There have been times where I just wish I could "fly away" and my troubles would flee. I'm not sure they would--but it sounds tempting!
This Psalm is also warning us to be careful about "friends" in our lives that may hurt us...we have to be watchful and careful with who we share our deepest concerns and hurts with. It's easy to get caught up with a friend who may not be fearful of God or have the same spirit from the Lord that is within you. Keep on reaching out and loving that person--but at the end of the day--we need to follow David who says " But as for me, I trust in you."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Didi! I discovered your blog earlier today through Facebook and am excited to start reading it regularly! Hope you and your precious little family are doing well :)

    - Emily

    ReplyDelete