Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Psalm 87 Destiny

Unless you know a little Old Testament--you might not have any idea of what this psalm is saying. I have to admit--I was saying "huh?!" to myself. But it's short and to the point so I know there are some nuggets of truth here. Let's look through them together--
Anytime something says "The Lord loves the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob." I might want to know what the gates of Zion are. My bible tells me that Zion (the holy mountain, Jerusalem) is representing the future community of all believers. This psalm is looking ahead to the Holy City of God described in Revelation 21:10-27. The honor of living there will be granted to all believers whose names are written in the Lamb's book of Life. God is telling us that HE LOVES THIS PLACE! I don't know about you--but I want to be there! Once again we see God's judgement though--and are reminded in Revelation that our names do need to be written in the Lamb's book of Life to experience the gates of Zion.
Let's remember together that nothing in this life is more important then our AFTER LIFE. Our lives can be snatched up in a second--and the place of Zion is where we want to be. Read through Revelations and remember that our home is really not here--we have better places ahead of us! Woo hoo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment