Monday, July 25, 2011

Psalm 82 - finding my glasses

The only thing harder than trying to find my glasses without my glasses on is trying to find my glasses without my glasses on in the dark. I have to rely on my weak senses and vague memory of where I might have set them. My humanity limits me as a judge in many more ways but we can present our case to a God who is the ultimate judge. He qualifies as the the ultimate judge because unlike humans He knows all, understands all, He is light, and His power can not be shaken. God can bring us into His light and can give us lenses that see the world through His perspective at least a little more clearly. He gives us eyes to see Him more clearly so we can depend on him more deeply. He gives us eyes to see the weak, fatherless, poor, needy and oppressed so we can defend, rescue, deliver and maintain their rights. Our testimony is to be like the blind man in John 9:25. At first we were blind but now by the grace of God we can see!
Psalm 82 Questions -
1. What other "gods" do you let judge you? Friends, family, courts of law, your boss, fashion magazines, the scale, or the cost/size of your house?
2. Do you use your power to help others? Who is weak in your life that needs defense? Who is fatherless? Who are the poor and oppressed in you life and nation? Do you look out for their interests or your own? Who is in need of rescue? Has God given you the means to deliver them?

No comments:

Post a Comment