Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Psalm 81 What are you eating?

Psalm 81 is all about God rescuing us when we call out for help. God's word says that he removed the burden from their shoulders and when we open our mouths he fills it! What a picture of God's care and support. I like to think of my one year old Grady with the "opening our mouths and he fills it". When Grady is in his high chair and I'm feeding him--he opens his mouth so wide and shuts his eyes. It's like he has full confidence that what I am going to put in there is going to satisfy him. He blindly trusts me and swallows what I give him. Then he opens his mouth again as if to say "fill me up Mom!" What a picture of pure innocence and trust. God often refers to us as trusting Him like we are little children. He wants us to open up wide and let him pour in the blessings. But so often we want to feed ourselves--and we're probably not feeding ourselves what we should be. We feed on friends, husband, satisfaction, acceptance, comfort, our children--we look for things of this world to fill us and satisfy us. But psalm 81:10 says to "Open wide your mouth and I will fill it."
1. God is wanting to fill us with Him. Are we running from Him and to everything else to satisfy you?
2. When you feel disappointed in someone--is it because you were wanting them to fill your void? To satisfy you? Or can you turn it around and say "How can I satisfy them?"
3. How do you need the Lord to satisfy you today--to fill up your mouth? God says to open wide because he will fill it!

No comments:

Post a Comment