Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Psalm 65 Forgiveness

My four-year old loves to hear stories. John tells him stories most days and nights (or fairy tales!) but he has been working a lot lately and the other day Jonah asked me if would tell him a story. So I started telling him stories of when I went to Africa. Just little snippets of canoe trips with hippo's and pooping in a hole and building a library that is nothing like the Hudson library. He is so intrigued and asks a million questions...and I enjoy the time to reminisce. After reading through Psalm 65--I am reminded that God forgives. No matter how big of a sin or how daily and mundane they seem--He forgives!
I remember clearly the day that I felt forgiven. It was a day in Africa when I was 16. I was running away from it all (hence the reason I went so far away) but God had other plans for me. He wanted to shower me with his great love and forgiveness. I felt washed clean and a permanent smile was stuck on my face. I felt free and loved and FORGIVEN!
Psalm 65:3 says "When you were overwhelmed by sins, you forgave our transgressions." Let God in and let him forgive. Repent--lay your sins at His feet and feel the amazing forgiveness that He has to offer. Then...if needed...make sure you forgive someone too. And then...tell someone your story because they probably need to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment