Saturday, July 23, 2011

Psalm 75 The Wait

The concept of waiting for something can be brutal. As a child I was so excited for Christmas that I would open up all of my Christmas presents when no one was looking--re-wrap them...and then put them back under the tree. I couldn't wait! Then of course Christmas day wasn't as fun as it should have been. I remember being a lot more excited about what someone else was getting because I didn't know what it was.
I think God likes to surprise us...every day! He surprises us with beautiful sunsets and sunrises, flowers blooming, baby squirrels in the backyard, ocean waves that come with beauty and mystery. But then so many times we can't hold on and wait for the surprise or the answer. We have to unwrap the present before it's time--and then the right time is spoiled. Have you ever wanted to not wait for God? To make your own decision because you are tired of waiting for God's time? Sometimes God wants to teach you and me to be patient...to wait. Psalm 75:2 says that "I choose the appointed time." God's timing is ALWAYS right. Every time I get ahead of myself I am disappointed with the results. But if I wait for the Lord to answer...and He always does...then I can rest that this is His time.

No comments:

Post a Comment