Monday, July 18, 2011

Psalm 61 Cry out!

When is the last time you called out to God? When is the last time you called out and wanted to hear what he had to say? Often I feel like we seek him--on our terms. We want to serve God--but from the comfort of our own home, living in this sin, or staying with this job....just because. Even as I was changing my baby Grady's diaper yesterday on the washing machine--I imagined for a moment what it would be like to be a missionary in a 3rd world country with little ones. TOUGH! But would I go? Would you?
We need to be open to God's call--whatever that is. Whether it's Hudson, Ohio or India--will you Go where he Goes? Psalm 61 talks about David calling and crying out to God. He is desperate to hear from him. Are we desperate to hear from Him?
Sometimes I think I know exactly what I want--but when I refocus in my quiet times--I am reminded that all I want is what God wants. I want to follow. I want to cry out. I want God to be my refuge and my strong tower. He doesn't always speak to us in the storms or messiness of life--but He does come to us in a whisper. Let Him whisper to you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment