Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Psalm 67 He wants to shine upon us!

Would a stranger know that you are believer in Christ? Would they wonder what is different about you...because of your joy or peace or servant heart? Or do they see your bitterness, anger, lack of forgiveness and nagging spirit. Hm mm...I know for me sometimes they may see both sides. I'm embarrassed to admit when I have a wrong spirit towards someone who is entirely rude towards me or my children...and then I praise myself when I over-trump them with kindness. Both ways seem to be so self-righteous and not praising to our savior.
We had a mattress delivered a few weeks ago. The guys were rude and short with me...probably over-worked and under paid. I was graceful to them and kind...but then I patted myself on the back for my "great" behavior. Then the other day I was at Gap and my one year old was being a one year old. He was taking clothes off the shelves, ripping through a box of hangers and, meanwhile, pooped his diaper so he reeked. The clerk was rolling her eyes and not even a wee bit helpful. I left feeling taken advantage of and wanting to throw the poopy diaper back in the store! But then...once again...I realized my ugliness.
Psalm 67 talks about God's facing shining upon us. If his glory were shining in and through us--don't you think we would look different and act different to the world around us? What if i were to stop and think most moments of the day "Is God's face shining on me right now". If His glory is shining in and through you and me...we would look and act different. Let's seek that place together.

No comments:

Post a Comment