Sunday, July 3, 2011

Psalm 35: HUNTED

My bible tells me that Psalm 35 is a prayer to God for help against those who try to inflict injury for no reason. That David was writing this psalm and crying out to God when he was being HUNTED by Saul. I'm not sure we can all relate with the feeling of being hunted but I know we can understand David's feeling of "unanswered prayers" vs. 13. The bible tells us that David was full of sadness when his prayers seemed "unanswered." It's easy to assume (and if you don't remember what assume means--ASS of U and ME...ha ha) that God hasn't answered our prayers when our deliverance isn't immediately knocking at the door. In our culture of immediate gratification we want our prayers answered over night too. But maybe God is refining you or teaching you to rely more on Him...or bringing believers to surround you with their presence and prayers?. A few of my most beautiful times with the Lord were during years of what I called "unanswered" prayers. I didn't understand and I was in pain. But I used the time to deepen my understanding of Christ, lean on Him and lean on my sisters of faith.
Don't let the absence of an immediate answer cause you to doubt and resent God. Instead, let it be an occasion to deepen your faith, cry out to God and pray with other believers! So if we don't feel hunted by someone--why don't we do the hunting for God today!?

No comments:

Post a Comment