Friday, July 22, 2011

Psalm 73 Donuts or Desire

Today is my husbands birthday. He loves Jubilee donuts. If you want a good donut--go to Jubilee on 59. They even have a drive-through for those late night cravings, ha! They stay up and cook and glaze, sugar and fill so they are always fresh...every morning. Once you have had one--you can't imagine ever eating a donut anywhere else! Anyway--since it's his birthday of course we went out for donuts right away. I just enjoyed way too many of them...and my desire was quickly turned into a "uuuuhhhh. I don't feel so good" feeling. Can you imagine feeling the way the psalm is described in vs. 25. "Earth has nothing I desire besides you." I don't know about you...but I desire way too many things. I desire to feel loved, secure, full, satisfied, accepted, cherished, liked, respected, listened to...and the list goes on. The amazing thing about all those feelings--is that God really can and does satisfy us in those ways. He wants to shine on us and give us the desire for things of heaven...not just things of this world.
So when you have desires creep up and in--whether it's a donut, a co-worker, a friend, your husband--remember the Giver of all things--and remember that this earth has nothing we really need. God is our strength and portion forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment