Monday, August 1, 2011

Psalm 93 His Holiness

We have been looking and talking just a schmidt on holiness. Psalm 93 brings us back to it saying that "holiness adorns your house." Holiness is to to be set-apart; to be dedicated to the service of God; to be morally clean. Once we taste and see the Lord--our only response should be one of holiness. If we are serving a completely holy God and long to see him and be with him for all eternity...do you think God wants us in his presence with all of our messed up junk and unrepentant heart? Somehow I can't imagine that.
When my older son does something that he shouldn't and he knows I saw him and that my wrath is coming (like when he hits his little brother!) he immediately starts clinging to my leg and sobbing. Somehow I have instilled that justice will be paid especially if it's something like hurting the innocent! But his tender heart and eyes spilling with tears soften my heart quickly. I like to think this is how God is with us. His justice will prevail but his forgiveness comes quick. If we can truly take our unholy selves to him and with a broken heart ask for forgiveness--the Bible tells us that his mercies are new every morning and that he is quick to forgive.
So whatever is keeping you from the throne of God's holiness today--cling to God's leg, tell him you are sorry and ask him to show you glimpses of his holiness. I know he forgives for I have been forgiven much! And then we are able to pass that forgiveness along to others...

No comments:

Post a Comment