Monday, August 22, 2011

Psalm 138 - you answered me

I have a problem with priorities. I am very productive but I don't know how to prioritize. I may spend a productive week making canned food, doing fun yet educational field trips with the kids, and sorting through the big stack of papers on the counter but I will not have touched the laundry all week and the pot with baked on lasagna is still soaking in the sink for the third day in a row. My time isn't always spent wisely. So I asked God, what are my priorities? And He answered me. The two most important things that He has exalted and prioritized is given in verse 2. He has exalted above all things His name and His word, everything else will file in rank behind those or be used for that purpose. Purpose, hmm, that has been another struggle for me in link with priorities. When you don't have a clear purpose or goal then you don't have anything you are working on or towards. Laziness, confusion, depression, complacency and other such tendencies start to take over. So I asked God, what is my purpose? And He answered me. In verse 8 He says He WILL fulfill his purpose for me, His love endures forever, so I too pray that He will not abandon the works of His hands in me. So if I am prioritizing His name and His word in my life than my purpose and the works He is doing in me WILL be fulfilled. It is what He will do because of His love not because I am special or highly productive but because I prioritized the right thing. The Lord who is on high still looks upon lowly little me and preserves my life in troubles and saves me against my enemies. I can confidently move forward in the direction He wants me to live. Towards Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment