Thursday, August 11, 2011

Psalm 107 Wandering through the desert

Have you ever wandered around in a desert? Really felt the heat, lack of water...ANYWHERE...felt the dryness and sun beating down on your back? I have been to two different sand dunes and although I enjoy going and seeing God’s amazing creation--I can’t wait to get back to the car, turn on the AC and drink a gallon of water! Last week we went up to Sleeping Bear Dunes in Michigan. John decided to continue the trek to the lake and I stayed behind people watching and and resting. As I looked around I was amazed at the dryness. I started thinking of John the Baptist eating locust and honey while in the desert and the psalms came to life. Psalm 107 is about wandering in the desert wastelands...being thirsty and hungry. But when they cried out to the Lord in their distress and trouble he delivered them! He satisfied their hunger and their thirst. To be fully satisfied by the Lord providing is an amazing feeling. As I looked around the dunes I saw a locust and I imagined John the Baptist saying “Thank you Lord for my lunch!” It reminded me to look around all the time--open my eyes to his blessings--and allow God to quench my thirst and fill my stomach. After all--He is the only one that truly satisfies.


No comments:

Post a Comment