Monday, August 15, 2011

Psalm 127 HIS story

Psalm 127 reminds me of Ecclesiastes. Every time I need a good jolt of reality I will read through the book of Ecclesiastes. I am amazed at the philosophy written--at the disregard for a lot of what we as humans call "important." It's a reminder of where your heart is. What are we working towards? Whose ladder are we climbing? Are we on the ladder to fame, fortune, popularity....or are we letting God build our house and watch our children.
God has been stripping me down lately. I have been reminded that the life I am living is God's story--not my own. Too many times I get caught up in creating my own life story--and perhaps I am leaving God out of it? It's hard to tell--but I am put in my place when something of value is taken away. I am reminded that I am but dust and this is not my home.
Psalm 127 is a sweet reminder too that he grants sleep to those he loves and that our children are rewards from him. Thank you Lord for the simple gift of sleep--and for blessing us all with children. Help for us to remember what is important today and hold fast to having you be the center of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment