Sunday, August 21, 2011

Psalm 134 - do your job

What was the worst job you ever had? I worked at a coffee shop in college where the boss kept our tips then used a portion of them to take 3 of the pretty girl employees out for a fancy dinner and drinking. I've had to remove leeches as a lifeguard, endured scorching heat in jeans and boots as I shoveled patch into potholes, and now I get to clean up poopy and vomit as a mom. There are a lot of dirty jobs out there but someone has to do it. Psalm 134 reminds me that God created everyone and that He created people different for different jobs. I would pass out if I had to administer a shot but my neighbor does it on a weekly basis for her job. Some people run farm equipment while others run companies. And even the jobs we like have aspects that aren't glamourous. This psalm teaches me that God values all positions in life and career if you are working for Him and give Him the glory in all that you do. How can you honor Him today in what you have to do? Are you honoring him in your business practices, your speech towards your co-workers, are you respecting your boss and living out your faith in your workplace? Do you pray for the people you encounter in a day? Do your job as if you were doing it for the Lords approval and give Him the glory in all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment