Saturday, August 13, 2011

Psalm 121-123 Lift up your eyes

earth-mars-tilt_<span class=


I wish I knew more about science. l love when someone tells me interesting scientific facts that turn to our Lord and Savior. The other day I was in a shuttle on my way home from my Granddad's funeral in Little Rock Arkansas. I happened to be the only passenger for about a 15 minute ride up to the airport and the driver started talking with me about our distance from the sun and the earths rotation. We were watching the amazing sun rise pop up over the hills and he seemed to know a lot! at the end of our conversation he raised his hands up and said "Now that is one amazing God that we serve! I hope you remember all that I talked with you about today!" We were in a hurry as the car line was backing up behind us--but he left a smile on my face and hope in my heart. I love that he knew what he did to remind me that God is fully in control. And he used his job as a shuttle guy to share the name of Jesus.

We all orbit around the sun--our planet earth and everything in it. Without it--the earth would be void of light and warmth. I'm sure we would shrivel up and die instantly of hypothermia and the oceans would freeze. To think God organizes the universe around the sun...and His Son. Psalm 121 talks about how "He who watches over you will not slumber." God doesn't let the sun stop shining just like he doesn't sleep when we do. The Lord is watching over the entire universe--and you and me!! Vs. 6 says the sun will not harm you by day nor the moon by night....he will watch over your life; your coming and going both now and forevermore."

I need that protection and security today. When life seems to be unraveling before you...know that the Lord is watching over. We can lift up our eyes and our hands and know that our help comes from the Lord--the Maker of heaven and earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment