Saturday, August 27, 2011

Psalm 137 God's Time

If you have not read psalm 137--stop and read it. Okay, now that you have--it's hard to believe. It talks about dashing infants against rocks--but yet continuing to sing songs to the Lord--even if you are in a foreign land. I'm not sure about you but if someone dashed my infant against a rock I think I would have a hard time praising the Lord. Yet, it says "If I forget may my right hand forget it's skill and may my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth." The author is asking to lose ability of his body if he forgets to praise the Lord. Wow, what a testimony.
The psalms have been teaching me to PRAISE GOD NO MATTER WHAT. To look at everything that comes my way as a blessing--and to bless the Lord. Not asking the questions WHY? But looking to Him in thanks. Doesn't God know what our tomorrow holds? What are next year holds? To God--an hour is like a minute and year is like a breath of air. Time is not measured in the same way.
Recently I have started reading "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo. The author is the father of a 4-year-old son who has clear recollections of going to heaven and coming back. The little boy had a ruptured appendix and the toxins were poisoning his body for five days before they realized what had happened. During his journey so close to death--he has clear memories and stories of going to heaven. It's pretty amazing--you should read it. But he mentions being in heaven for 3 minutes--but yet has story after story to share. His Dad, Todd Burpo, goes on to share about God's time and our time. They just don't match up!
I think it's time I do two things today--remember his faithfulness. And to know that God's time is not my time. Let's think and pray through those truths today.

No comments:

Post a Comment