Monday, August 8, 2011

Psalm 101 Blameless



I have been convicted by the psalms. Psalm 101 is talking about leading a blameless life...walking into my home with a blameless heart...God’s eyes are looking for the faithful. I don’t always walk into my home with a blameless heart. Being blameless is someone who is above reproach; pure; innocent; could not possibly accuse them of anything. Someone who has the right motives, pure heart, free from gossip or whining, someone who gives life and doesn’t suck the life right out of you. That is just my own definition of blameless. But what if I always walked into my home with that kind of attitude? One that wanted to give life, who had a pure heart with my husband, had the motive of serving and loving rather then taking and receiving. I think we can if we allow God to fill up our God-shaped hole inside of us. If we keep looking for the things of this world to satisfy then we won’t ever have a blameless heart and mind. We will continue to seek out the comforts of today rather then the eternal blessings of our omniscient and omnipresent Lord. Seek to have a blameless heart today--whatever that may mean in your day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment