Friday, June 17, 2011

Psalm 5 - Wake up call

Did you even have one of those moral dilemma's in your life where you knew it wasn't a black and white sin issue but perhaps the Lord was calling you into obedience. For me it was getting up early to spend time with God. I resisted initially but had to finally submit when He made it completely obvious that 5am was to be my new wake up time. It completely changed my relationship with Him to begin tithing the first hour of my day. Just as Psalm 5:3 explains in the morning I am able to talk with God, lay my requests before him, and then I am at peace in the day knowing I can wait in confident expectation that He will guide and protect me in the day. Of course that doesn't mean difficult circumstances won't arise but I have already been equipped from my morning time with him to handle whatever comes my way. As verse 8 explains, I can be confident that because of God's righteousness He will lead me straight through any enemy territory. Is there something you feel God tugging at you to obey? Are you willing to wake up and make the call to obey Him or will you find another reason to press the snooze button?
Psalm 5 Questions -
1. Do you make time in the morning like David, a man described as a man after God's own heart, to present your requests to the Lord? Do you wait expectantly for those answers or to you charge ahead with your own agenda for the day?
2. God is holy and can't co-exist with evil. Is there an unconfessed sin in your life that is hindering your relationship with him? Have you ever confessed to God that you are indeed sinful and need of forgiveness? When you accept Christ as your Savior, you exchange your unrighteousness for his righteousness which restores you in right relationship with the Holy God. Are you willing to make that life-saving decision today?
3. Recall some of the instances in your life where God was a shield from the trials in your life. Thank Him. Is there a current situation where you need to find His shelter? Ask Him.
4. (v7) How do you enter God's presence or His house? Acknowledging the mercy and sacrifice it took for you to even be there or has worship and church attendance become routine?
5. (v11) What name of the Lord do you want to rejoice in today? Savior, Redeemer, Friend, Holy, Almighty, Sovereign?

No comments:

Post a Comment