Monday, June 27, 2011

Psalm 25: I am a FRIEND of God!

Recently I had an opportunity to share my story in our community group. We were the last couple to share and probably not by default on my part. I get anxious when asked to speak in front of others! I get emotional and I become an open book. I am not one to hide or gloss over the truth. So when our week came to share (and remind you we had been sharing for months because each couple took the entire 2 hours share their story!) I was fearful. Why? Because my youthful years are not ones that I am proud of. I experimented with it all and some experiments became a lifestyle. It wasn't until Jesus saved my lost soul that I changed. Now, my sins may not be as transparent but everyday I am clearly aware of my need for a savior! Psalm 25:7 says "remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O Lord". God is Good and faithful and instructs those that have ears to hear. (And just in case you are curious the time to share ended up being a beautiful experience! It reminded me me of God's plan for my life I felt Christ's love and forgiveness through gracious listeners.)
1. Are you willing to let God "Show you His Ways" vs 4
2. Do we ask for Him to "guide and teach us" vs 5
3. Are we willing to follow...at all costs? Maybe the cost is not being included with a certain group of friends, putting your house up for sale or asking someone for forgiveness?
4. "The Lord confides in those who fear him" vs 14. That is the kind of friend I want and the secrets I want to hear about!

No comments:

Post a Comment