Thursday, June 16, 2011

Journal Lists

Here are some lists we will want to be developing throughout the summer series. Just dedicate a few pages in your journal to compile some bullet point lists of the following:

1. Names of Gods, Attributes/Characteristics of God
eg. ps 1:2 Lawmaker, ps 1:6 Watcher of way of the righteous
2. A memory verse or pray out phrase to practice praying scriptures.
eg. ps 1:3 Lord, I want to be that tree planted by streams, to yield fruit and not wither. May what I do be prosperous to your name and fame.
3. Promises. Look for God's promises. His "I will" statements are always backed up by his "I ams". Or fill in the blanks. God will_____ because he is ________.
eg. ps 3 - God will deliver, God is Shield around me.
4. Look for ways Jesus fulfills scripture. Old testament completely points to Christ's character, his life and his purpose of salvation.
eg. ps 2 - "Anointed One" "installed my King on Zion" "kiss the Son" v8- Christ will rule and nations are his inheritance.

No comments:

Post a Comment