Sunday, June 26, 2011

Psalm 23: I WANT!

"I shall not want"...what a profound statement! Everywhere I go, I want. At home "I want" my husband and children to be this or do that. I look around at my rooms and "want" this or wish for that. I'm at church and "I want" this feeling or that acceptance. I'm shopping at Target (or heaven forbid the Mall!) and "I want" it all! You get my drift...Oh Lord, you have called us your sheep and you are our shepherd. (John 10:11) Sheep are completely dependent on their shepherd for provision, guidance and protection. We are HIS sheep--we follow because our shepherd leads us to the right places. Do we trust Him to lead? Prayerfully consider what "I wants" are in the way of following the great shepherd and let them go...because our great God says that "goodness and love will follow you all the days of your life". God desires for us to NOT want...but be utterly content following HIS lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment