Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Psalm 27: Dance and Sing and make music to the Lord!

After telling you about my sinful youth days I feel compelled to share the next part of the story, I was ready for God to move in my life. At 18 I told Christ that I was His servant and will go wherever he leads. So I signed up to attend Bible College in Hot Springs, Arkansas. This is not the type of "college" you are thinking of...this was a little house on the prairie experience. I won't go into all the details but one thing the college held was women's seminars. They created a "tabernacle" for the Lord. This was full of banners, praise dancers, thrones and white sheets. I know...sounds a little creepy (and there were parts of it that were) but God's spirit was there. It was created to feel like "the house of the Lord" vs. 4. We "gazed upon the beauty of the Lord and seeked him in his temple" vs.4. I experienced God during my two year (wilderness) Bible college in a special way that I'm not sure I ever will again until heaven. I spent hours with the Lord everyday and learned from others what it really meant to walk out my faith.
God wants to "hide you in the shelter of his tabernacle" vs 5 and for us to sing music to the Lord. I believe that even though I'm not in the Hot Springs, Arkansas man-made tabernacle--God's spirit is omnipresent. We can tap into His presence anytime, anywhere. Go ahead....Seek Him. I know you will find Him. "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord" vs 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment