Monday, October 3, 2011

Psalm 145 God is good to us

The first Sunday of every month at Christ Community Chapel is communion Sunday. It is a sweet reminder to eat the body and taste the blood of Christ. My son has been sitting in "my class" he calls it lately--and it is difficult explaining that to him! Anyways, isn't amazing how once a month, 12 x a year we read the same passages of scripture, drink the same little cup of juice and munch on the same little cracker. But every time--I am reminded of what my savior did for me. Nothing that I have done--everything that he has done.
As Christians we often don't get the gospel. We are so wrapped up in our own muck that we miss out on the message of Christ. He is saying to us "I did it! I saved YOU". I don't have to go out and save myself. But I do need to remember.
The Bible is fresh and alive. Even though I take communion 12 x a year--I still am moved by the simple act of doing so.
Psalm 145:9 says that "The Lord is good to ALL." I have munched on this verse for awhile now (hence the reason I am so late in blogging!) I have just been thinking about all the times that I show favoritism or am partial towards someone or something. I choose favorites all the time. Whether it's a person or an activity or a friend--I am not always good to ALL. I need to be cleansed by this verse. And continue to feed it to myself.
Remember today that God's word is alive and living. Every morning when you pick it up--you can be reminded of what He has for you. Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment