Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Psalm 143 May his good spirit lead you!

Are we questioning our direction? Should we be? Lately I feel like I have been crying out to God every day on which direction he wants me to go. God delights in giving us his wisdom.

This past month for me has been a whirlwind of change. Our house sold, my son started school for the first time and I lost a baby. To say the least, God was bringing me to my knees. I haven't felt this emotionally drained...ever. However, I was prepared. I had prepared myself for battle by putting on my full armor of God. I was able to stand firm with the belt of truth buckled around my waist. I had my breastplate of righteousness in place and my feet were fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. I had his peace in my heart in the midst of the storm. I took up my shield of faith--believing in His plan. And I was swaying my sword of the spirit which was the word of God. (Ephesians 6) God was preparing me for battle this summer--through reading the psalms, drawing me to his heart and drawing me near to the ones that I love.

Now life has settle a bit. We are moved into our new house, signing final paper work on our old house (eeks! hope everything goes OK...) meeting new neighbors and saying goodbye to old ones. My son is a bit more settled in school (took a lot of bribing yesterday) and I am healing from all of my hormone ups and downs. I can say after the storm that God is good. God is faithful. And "he showed me the way I should go" vs. 8. Surrender it all to Him--for after all, it's His to begin with. He'll give it back to you--a good measure, pressed down--and running over!

No comments:

Post a Comment