Monday, October 3, 2011

Psalm 149 God enjoys us

As I am sitting her blogging I am hearing my husband eat cereal. Just one of my little pet peeves. Somehow he has a way of slurping the milk and crunching on the cereal so loud that I often exit the room as soon as cereal time comes. Love in my heart? No. Kindness? No. Ugh. My ugliness is revealed right after my devo time.
But Psalm 149 talks about God enjoying us. He delights in you and me. He doesn't care that we munch loudly or talk with our mouths open or leave the front door open time and time again. Or wear our shoes in the house, or stop abruptly at a stop sign, or wine and complain or am bitter towards a friend or lover. No--God delights in us. Not only delights--but enjoys us.
How can we praise him? Let's praise and thank him for loving us even though we can be evil people. We can praise him with dancing and singing...with music and with our mouths. Today with your kids you can turn on a praise song and sing a little louder. Our children make music all the time--why not turn that music over to praising our heavenly father? After all--HE ENJOYS YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment